Saturday, June 23, 2007

New England, my new home

When I first moved to Maine, this is what greeted me. When I came to interview there was a horrible snow storm that dumped slush from the sky. I've seen slush on the ground, not falling from the sky. When I moved here, another huge storm hit. I started wondering if I would ever see sun in this place.


For a while I lived in Boston, so here are a couple images:



I also took an evening trip out to Providence to see a lovely friend of mine. I took almost no pictures, but I did get a picture of the State Capital Building.


My brother and sister-in-law invited me to go house hunting with them one weekend. I walked into one kitchen and it was eerily like my parents' kitchen...

...right down to the ugly floor...


I recently went up to Boothbay Harbor with my brother and sister-in-law. It was very cute. I took my dog because I wanted him to be able to get out and run around. We never actually made it to a place where he could run free, but he had lots of fun whining and yelping for sympathy as we went into shops or had the nerve to stop walking for a few seconds. He did get to beg for food though...





And some more pictures, just because:






No comments:

An (admittedly sporadic) cooking diary.