Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Other Half

The same night I put the roast in the crock pot, I decided to cook the rest of it on top of the stove. The results were forgettable. So much so, I had to sit here and attempt to remember what I had done with the rest of it.

I believe I started the dish by cubing the beef. I heated some oil in a cast iron pan on the stove and added the beef and some chopped onion. I think I added thyme and, when the meat was nearly done, some chopped mushrooms. I deglazed with red wine and at the last second threw in a chopped tomato (so that it would warm but not disappear). The meat was tough and the flavor was lacking. I ate it all, over the next few days as lunch, but this definitely needs some work before I would actually serve it to other people. Although, the chances of my serving other people food in my house any time soon are very slim. Moving from an efficiency to a one-bedroom makes one realize how sparse their belongings are.

No comments:

An (admittedly sporadic) cooking diary.