Friday, February 23, 2007

What happens...

when you go to the gym while the other major family cook goes to various appointments? You go to Culver's. Okay for fast food. I would have preferred going to Kopp's. While Culver's has spread the frozen custard love throughout many parts of the nation, Kopp's is a family owned chain in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Nobody (and I do mean nobody) makes custard like Kopp's. While most places have a mild, nearly tasteless vanilla ice cream (or custard), Kopp's vanilla has a strong flavor. And their chocolate? To die for. So even if you're not keen on the flavor-of-the-day, you're guaranteed a tasty pleasure with their standards. I think this month we'll have to make a trip for Caramel Cashew. It's delicious! And a family favorite. I must stop now or risk drooling on my keyboard and shorting it out.

No comments:

An (admittedly sporadic) cooking diary.