Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brazil and Fresh Food

I've recently returned from a short trip to Brazil. Of all of the places I've desired to visit, South America was not at the top of my list. It is now. Granted, I was on a rather relaxed "work" trip that included a lot of laying by the pool and visiting popular sites, but the entire attitude of Brazil seemed laid back. Within half a day, my shoulders were more relaxed than they have been in months. Less typing? Maybe. Less work? Probably. But, I can't help but feel that the attitude of the people creates an entire atmosphere in which you can do something that would typically stress you with ease and a pleasant attitude. And who can be unhappy surrounded by fresh fruit (pineapple, guava, apple bananas...) and fresh cheese (firm, salty, room temperature)? I came home realizing that my diet of late has been very bread and dairy heavy and produce light. Tonight I bought some fresh vegetables and other items and I plan some good, creative cooking soon. And I will be sharing.

No comments:

An (admittedly sporadic) cooking diary.